Saturday, July 13, 2013

Illustrator for Fashion Course

Yesterday was my final day on the 4 day Illustrator for Fashion Course at www.fashion.ac.uk

It was a really worth while course which teaches you the basics of Illustator but with the final aim of using it for fashion related projects.

We learnt all the tools and designing garment flats. The course leader was excellent, and I would really recommend it for complete beginners or for people like me, who are self taught and perhaps feared they missed out the basics.

I can't wait to complete the advanced course in September and after winning Aspace's Talent Development bursary in April 2013, this was my golden ticket to funding both courses. I'm so pleased - it has definitely been worth the 6 hours of commuting I've been doing each day.

Yesterday, we practiced everything we had learnt over the last three days; completing several garment flats.

I use Illustrator regularly but I've still picked up loads of tips and new ways of working.

All in all, I would really recommend the course. Everyone on the course was lovely - with such a diverse range of backgrounds; from Laurie who is a lingerie designer to Caroline who works in special effects for film! I would like to wish everyone the best of luck in their creative endeavours!

More about the course at http://www.fashion.arts.ac.uk/short-courses/by-subject/digital-fashion/introductiontoillustratorforfashion/

More about Aspace Talent Development Bursary at http://www.aspacearts.org.uk/projects/talent-development/#.Ud7RmzcTSzS

No comments: