Monday, March 04, 2013

Moving Studios...

Little Red Designs is on the move. After 6 or so years at the Arches Studios in Southampton, I am relocating to the brand new The Sorting Office studios in Eastleigh. Although I will be sad to leave the Arches and the amazing 'family' I have there, I am secretly really excited! (Hoorrray!)

Sorting Office Eastleigh
Image is Copyright of Eastleigh Borough Council


My application was accepted in December 2012 and I have been quietly waiting for the big move.

You can read about the new studio's here ... But as it says...

"The Sorting Office is the latest addition to the growing portfolio of creative hubs in Eastleigh and is part of an exciting European-funded enterprise programme called RECREATE.

The new space offers affordable workspace to artists and creative industries within a supportive environment to help residents to develop their practises and grow their creative businesses.

Converted from Eastleigh's former Royal Mail Sorting Office built in the 1920s. 


The RECREATE programme, backed by the European funding agency Interreg, consists of 16 partner organisations in England and France and will allow residents at The Sorting Office to become part of a cross-Channel creative business community, with access to new markets and opportunities to take part in mentorship and exchange programmes".

I am really excited and I cannot wait to move in next few weeks. There may be some minor disruption to my replies to emails, and I may need to slightly extend my leadtime, but I will endeavour to keep it as smooth as possible.

No comments: