Thursday, May 09, 2013

My image library

I know I'm always posting images of trees & flowers, but I suppose away from my making, I'm constantly looking & I'm regularly inspired by the glorious nature around me.

This year, here in the UK, the Winter has been longer than ever. It seems an age before the temperature has risen enough to make the plants bloom, bud & pop. So, this year more than most, I've been acutely aware of the beauties of Spring.

My surface design work has also bloomed, much of which is flora themed... Due to lack of flowers around me this year, I have invested in wonderful gardening books for inspiration.

Now, finally, as the plants are growing away, I'm also photographing all flowers & foliage obessively, in the hope that next Winter, in the depths of December, I have a library of images I can refer to as inspiration. I'm hoping to share some of my images & design work soon.

In the meantime, here are some images I took on my simple camera phone over the May bank holiday weekend in Winchester, Hampshire, UK - the soon to be location for my wedding in June.

No comments: