Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Loves: Origin: The Contemporary Craft Fair

At the end of September I visited Origin; The Contemporary Craft Fair in London which is run by the Crafts Council.  This fantastic event was amazing!! This was my second year of going along with a single day pass and this year I met so many great designer makers, and saw a few I recognised from my last trip.

The work was so inspiring and I really wanted to share a few of my favourites from the day, but it is really difficult to pick a few, as everyone is a top designer maker in their field of expertise. So in the end, I have decided to mention below the designers I ended up having a good chin-wag with. Not only is their work amazing but they were welcoming and thoroughly lovely...

Jo Gordon

She has been producing Scottish knitted textiles for over 15 years. Her beatuifully knitted gloves, berets and scarfs made me drool and I will be putting these on my Christmas wish list.

Her website is found at www.jogordon.com where you can shop online for her beautiful knitwear.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ester Coombs

Ester is a practicing artist living and working in Hampshire, who believes life is a story and that narrative is best told with drawings. Her work at Origin featured hand drawn images of buildings which had been applied direct onto old vintage crockery & re-fired... Sublime and delicate! Yum!
Check out her website at www.esthercoombs.com or buy direct via her Esty page

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jasmin Giles


Jasmin combines textiles with non-precious materials to create contemporary, and unconventional jewellery. The pieces I saw at Orgin consisted of prototypes where she had combined twisted yarn and wax! Again; so incrediable!  Check out Jasmin's work at www.jasmingiles.co.uk


There are many more designers and makers who really impressed me, so I would definitely recommend going next year if you get the chance!

No comments: