Friday, May 06, 2011

DIY Afternoon Tea Dress

Inspired by the Royal wedding here in the UK last week and wanting something to wear for the 'big day', i decided that after reading the fab post over on Rostitchery i thought i would give making one of her dresses ago... Following the basic instructions for her 2-1 nursing top i made this little dress in an afternoon; hence 'Afternoon Tea Dress!

Here i am wearing it on 29 April 2011 for Party in the Park for Wills & Kates Wedding!

I followed Rostitchery's instructions for the top and just made it knee length. I then smocked to the waist using the method of putting Shearing elastic in the bobbin of your sewing machine. I added some sleeves like Rostitchery suggests and put elastic around the top to make the neck line sit correctly.

The fabric is a wonderful cream background, with red roses and skulls! i think it is great. I finished if all off with a red belt and cardie.


I'm looking out for fabric for the next one. I'm thinking something polka-dotty?

No comments: