Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Install Complete

I finally completed the installation of my work for the Catalyst show in the Bargate Gallery. It opens with a fund raising evening on Friday Night (13 March) and i am really excited. I am making cakes for the cake stall and i hoping to go and buy the ingredients for 'Fifteens' this evening. My new leather collection of bags look really good in the gallery and i hope that they make an impact. There are some amazing pieces on show as part of the exhibition and if you would like to see it, it is on for 5 weeks at the Bargate Monument Gallery in Southampton, Hampshire, England. There are paintings, drawings, and scultpure... So don't miss it. We were all saying that the work all really complements each other and i hope that visitors to the gallery will agree. Admission is free. More about the gallery and show can be found here.

I will keep you updated on the making of the fifteens! They are a very simple Northern Irish 'wee buns' and there is no cooking involved (my kind of cake). It is just fifteen of each of the ingredients, hence the name, all mixed together with condensed milk... Yummy.

No comments: